9 Steps to Breed Australian Red Claw Crayfish!! Updated with video
Heres the video of my breeding system, keep it simple. Hope you enjoy the blog and information
This is a quick 2 part guide to breeding and raising craylings Australian Red Claw Crayfish. I know there’s a lot of way to achieve this but this is what works for me.
A Little backstory, I produce around 500,000 Red Claws craylings per year based on the formula of 10 eggs per gram of body weight per female. All of this is done at my farm in Florida and my building is only 1,400SF with an additional 4000 gallon growout system.
- Water temp 72-80F
- Photoperiod 12 hours minimum
- Good water quality (mandatory)
- Do weekly water changes
- 2 hides per crayfish ( different sizes)
- Feed them EVERYDAY
- Alway have at least 2 males in the group
- 1 female per 2 square foot- IBC 250 is roughly 16SF so that would be 8 female and 2 males.
- Low traffic area- they need their privacy and a little smooth jazz to set the mood.